3.04.2014

Peter Copping


I don't know why I haven't written about Peter Copping at Nina Ricci. He has been one of my favorites for the past 3 years. He studied at Central Saint Martins, London's Royal College of Art and interned with Christian Lacroix (!!!!!!!!). But you probably know his work from Louis Vuitton where he was the Director of the Womenswear Studio under Marc Jacobs for 12 years. In retrospect, I can definitely see Peter's touch in Vuitton's collections during that period which explains why I was so into LV then...



Louis Vuitton ss 2001

I had the pleasure to meet him about a year ago. He was very nice and had a calm, confident but not aggressive energy to him. Obviously I was trying to play it cool, but I was fangirling inside. I have such respect/admiration for his work and was left liking him even more after the encounter. 

"Peter hates panic; he's completely civilized."
- Katie Grand

I love Nina Ricci because it's a beautifully-made, feminine House. The fit of the collection is always fabulous because he uses a lot of knits to achieve a tailored yet comfortable look. They cut up to a size 44 which really can fit someone who is a size 46 (like a US 14ish!) with the knit factor. But I am most in love with his work in lace and transparency.  So romantic. 



ss12

This was a harness and sheer shell sold together, so chic. 

ss13


Sources: Style, WInterviewTimeOutHK

No comments: